The best couch assistance standing devices give you leverage and stability while you’re standing up from a sitting position.
The Stand a Roo and the CouchCane are both excellent devices to help you stand up from a soft cushioned seat or couch.
The Stand A Roo is like adding chair arms to a couch seat. You push down for leverage to stand up.
The CouchCane sits in front of the furniture. You can use it to pull yourself forward and then push yourself up. You can use both hands on the handle, but it is not spaced the way the Stand a Roo arms are spaced.
In return for taking away the second arm, the CouchCane gives you a tray for food or a laptop. The tray swivels out of the way or into place. The stand and tray heights are adjustable.
Want to Go Straight to the Best Sit-Stand Assistance Devices?
Click the buttons below to view the best devices on Amazon.
The Best Two-Arm Couch Stand Assist Device
The STAND A ROO couch aid is a popular and very well-liked couch standing aid. You tuck its legs under the cushion, and the arms sit on either side of you. The cushion anchors the device to the couch for stability.
The Stand A Roo also has non-slip foam to keep it steady. It’s lightweight and is actually portable, so you can bring it with you to other people’s homes. The Stand A Roo works wherever the seat is soft and you can put the legs under the cushions. It works on beds, but does not work if the couch or chair has attached cushions rather than loose ones.
How to Buy the Stand a Roo Seat Assist
The Stand a Roo seat assist gives you both stability and portability in one product. Use the button below to view this sit-stand assistance device on Amazon.
- PLEASE NOTE: **This device requires furniture with removable cushions**
- INDEPENDENCE: Stand-A-Roo Dual Arm is helping thousands of people win back their independence one sofa at a time! Stand-A-Roo helps you sit and stand from your couch safely and easily!
- ADJUSTABLE & PORTABLE: Weighing in at less than 3 lbs, Stand-A-Roo Dual Arm is your first adjustable, portable, and store-able riser that accommodates for all couch sizes!
- MEDICAL GRADE QUALITY: Made from super strong anodized aluminum for long lasting durability and equipped with EVA non-slip foam grip for added support. Can support up to 350lbs.
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Best of all, no assembly required. From box to couch in just seconds! Other products on Amazon require timely and complicated assembly. Simply remove STAND-A-ROO from the box, unfold the arms, and place in your favorite chair!
The Best One-Arm and Tray Couch Stand Assist Device
If you don’t need to push on two arms, the Stander CouchCane gives you a stable one-arm device and a nice tray to boot.
The CouchCane foot sits under the couch or chair, putting the full weight of the furniture on the device.
It has a large handle to grasp when standing or sitting. The unit supports 250 lb.
The tray swivels onto your lap or out of the way. The tray height is adjustable to suit many types of people. Having said that, shorter people might not be able to adjust the handle low enough to suit their needs.
How to Buy the Stander CouchCane
The Stander CouchCane includes a tray for a computer or food. Its stability comes from its foot sitting under the couch or chair’s foot. Click the button below to view the CouchCane on Amazon.
- PREVENT FALLS: The Couch Cane provides stability and balance when sitting or standing from your favorite chair, couch, or recliner; reduces the need for caregiver assistance, preventing back pain from lifting and skin tears from pulling
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: The ergonomic safety handle provides a comfortable and secure place to grip and supports up to 250 pounds; use the included 4-pocket pouch to keep personal items close by; Swivel Tray Accessory available for purchase, sold separately
- PROVIDES INDEPENDENCE: Perfect for seniors or anyone needing mobility assistance; the low-profile design of the stand up assist will match the look and feel of your home; the reversible base can be installed on either side of your furniture
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Install the mobility aid under the feet of most 4 legged chairs with feet 20 to 36 inches apart; the handle height adjusts from 34 to 40 inches from the floor; reference our video and images to determine compatibility with your furniture
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: The steel frame is made to last years of repeated everyday use and the anti-skid base pads will protect your flooring; each standing assist frame includes all the needed equipment for assembly, no additional tools required
Editor's Choice Best Mobility Products
More Fall Prevention and Detection
More Mobility Info