Table of Contents
Wear your glasses, use a magnifier, or get bigger stuff! It’s easier to pick up a 5-button remote than to remember where I put my glasses. I found two remote controls for low vision seniors.
Top Pick Low Vision Simple Remote TV Control
The Flipper TV Remote isthe best TV remote for low vision seniors. This is the TV remote with just 5 huge, color-coded buttons. It’s easy to feel which button you need without looking.
The buttons are just for the essentials. This is what they do:
- Power On/Off
- Channel Up
- Channel Down
- Volume Up
- Volume Down
The incredibly simple remote makes it easy for low vision TV watchers to control the television’s functions.
This TV remote answers the question, “Why do I need all these buttons?”
The answer is: “You don’t.” You just need five.
Why You Should Buy the Flipper TV Remote
- It’s easy to feel the the TV remote’s power, volume and channel buttons. Vision is not required.
- This remote is a good size. It fits almost any hand.
- The Flipper remote eliminates buttons we don’t use 99% of the time
- The Flipper remote gives you both color and tactile button locations
- The Flipper is also a great choice for the memory-impaired who don’t remember how to use complicated cable company remote controls.
Flipper Remote Cautions
- The Flipper remote will not work with a few types of TV boxes because it works on infrared rather than radio frequency
- The Flipper does not have a “caption on” button
- The Flipper remote does not work with Amazon Fire
How to Buy the Flipper TV Remote
Use this link to buy the Flipper TV Remote on Amazon.
Top Pick Low Vision Multi-Function Remote TV Control
The QFX Jumbo Remote is the best multi-function TV remote for low vision users. This is the TV remote with HUGE buttons and more functions than the Flipper TV remote.
The giant buttons allow you to control multiple devices. Use them to control TV, Cable, a DVD player, and game devices.
How to Buy the QFX Jumbo Remote
Use this link to buy the QFX Jumbo Remote on Amazon.
Buy the QFX.