A patient transport device gives your caregiver a relatively simply way to move you from room to room. A well-designed patient transport gives you a solid feeling of stability and safety.
The Lumex Stand Assist and Patient Transport is the top pick for moving the disabled from room to room. This is the transport device with the cushy built-in seat that moving up to a 400 lb. person relatively easy for the caregiver.
- Allows your caregiver to easily move you around the home
- Extremely useful after surgery or an accident
- Allows for long-term home recovery (instead of a nursing home)
- Disabled people use this transport
- Transport has sturdy, steady construction
- Has extra cushy padding
- Transport includes a seat
- Narrow enough for doorways
- Carries up to 400 lb.
- Safe for people 5 ft. 1 in. to 6 ft. 6 in. tall
Two Cautions About the Lumex Transport
This transport is designed for patients who are at least 5 ft .1 in. and no taller than 6 ft. 6 in. tall.
A transport device does not help the person stand up or to sit down. The patient must get herself from where she is into the stand.
- Do not use this device with patients who are under 5 ft. 1 in. or over 6 ft. 6 in. tall.
- Shorter patients risk slipping through the rails.
- Be prepared to lift the patient or use a lifting device to go from sitting to standing. The Lumex does have a grab bar to assist pulling oneself to a standing position.
What Makes the Lumex Stand Assist Better
By far the most important aspect of any transport device is its stability. As we noted, this device is only for transporting people who are at least 5 ft. 1 in. tall. Given that requirement is met, the Lumex is a tough, stable device with locking rear casters.
The Lumex is as wide, making it stable. Yet it’s still narrow enough to fit through standard doorways.
The patient can grasp the grab bar to help her to stand up. Once on the transport, she can sit on a padded seat, or slightly kneel on padded knee supports.
You can use this stand assist to take patients from room to room. You can also use it to bring someone to a car and back home again.
I suggest you read the questions and answers on the Lumex Stand Assist’s Amazon page.
Click the button below to buy the Lumex Stand Assist.
|Lumex Stand Assist Patient Transport Unit, LF1600||386 Reviews||$513.75||Click to Amazon|