I didn’t know my old robot was dumb until I replaced it with the Roborock. Whoa. This pup is smart. The difference is astounding. The old vacuumed in a random pattern. The Roborock is like a soldier with OCD.
The Roborock has a built-in mop system, amazing carpet suckage, and the ability to clean in nice, neat rows. I have been using my robot for over a year. I am still thrilled with its cleaning ability and navigation sense.
I compared the Roborock series to about 15 other bots. The Roborock kept floating higher in the comparisons. This is a solid machine with a long life (keep the filter clean) ahead of it, excellent navigation for good cleaning coverage, and did I mention it talks? I set mine to Japanese. Now my house sounds like an anime cartoon.
View the Roborock vacuum cleaner!
Why I Love the Roborock Vacuum Cleaner
The Roborock is my second robotic vacuum cleaner. The first one randomly vacuumed like a drunk on St. Patty’s day. The Roborock marches up and down the floor with determination above and beyond what I had a right to expect.
You can attach a mopping pad to the Roborock when it’s cleaning wood or tile. The pad keeps a clean floor clean. It’s not a soap and water operation. It’s a wet pad that grabs anything the suction head might have left behind.
For example, it’ll wipe off pollen that the brush can’t unstick. It gets off tough, allergen type stuff.
I can use the phone app to summon the Roborock. After dinner, I retrieve it to the kitchen to clean the cucumber shavings I dropped on the floor.
The Roborock will map out your floors. You can then use this map to cordon off areas you don’t want it to go. I create a safe-zone around the pet’s food and water dishes.
I have my robot set to go off at 10 am every day. If I want to end the session early, I push the plug button. This tells the robot to return to its charging base.
Why the Roborock is Good for Seniors
The Roborock is easy to program. It’s powerful on carpets, and pulls up piles of dog hair every day.
The machine is easy to maintain. Every once in a while, clean the wheels and filter of debris. There are videos on youtube to show you how.
If you have a spot that needs extra work, do a “spot clean.” The machine will target the area it’s already in, and just clean that.
Because it has the mopping pad, it’s easy to keep the floors clean. Just remember not to use the mop pad on the carpet. It won’t hurt anything, but it adds drag to the movement. Wash the mop pads in the sink or washing machine.
The Ultimate Senior Home Feature
I love how powerful the cordless vacuum machines are getting. When I moved from the canister to the cordless Tineco S12, I removed the hose and the wire from the old vacuum too. I got rid of two tripping hazards.
The robot vacuum is another step up from that. Not only is there no hose or wire, there’s no work! Well, there is work, but you’re not walking through the house with a machine.
When the machine goes back to the dock for charging, remove the canister to empty out the dirt. I like to use my old Electrolux to clean the robot filter. I like to make the old vac feel relevant.
Why Robots Make So Much Sense
If we’re going to stay safe in our homes, we need to remove trip hazards. Get a robot to remove the trip hazards of vacuuming. Get a cordless stick vac for the stairs, or for when you want to do the work yourself (See the Tineco S12 on this site. It’s amazing).
Once you have a cordless stick and a robot, you’ve significantly reduced the dangers that hoses, wires, and vacuuming itself present.
If you miss the work, you can spend your vacuuming time at the gym or yoga.
How to Buy the Roborock Robot Vacuum
Click to view/buy the Roborock!
Or, Look at These Bestseller Robot Vacs
- Included in the “Best robot vacuums of 2019” by Tom’s Guide.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2.85'') but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** on hardwood floors with consistent, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Automatically recharges so it's always ready to clean.
- With a tangle-free pet hair care technology, focuses on picking up hairs, dirt, debris on hard floors
- Low profile design to clean under beds, furniture where dirt hides. Ideal for hardwood, tile, laminate or stone.
- Self-charging, programmable schedule, smart sensors for anti-bump and anti-fall. Runtime 90-100 mins
- Easy operation with remote control, or one touch auto clean button on robot.
- Tip: Easy maintenance, empty dustbin and clean the filter after each use. Replace filter every month.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to boast our strongest ever suction power (2000Pa Max) while maintaining quiet operation and a super-slim design (2. 85”).
- Wi-Fi Convenience: The EufyHome app, and Alexa and the Google Assistant voice control-services let you accomplish your vacuuming needs with zero effort from you.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1. 5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed—so you get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** of constant, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- What You Get: RoboVac 15C MAX, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of unibody filter, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, welcome guide, and our worry-free 12-month.